RockTenn is one of North America’s leading paperboard and packaging companies with a business founded upon manufacturing innovative, value-added products from recycled and renewable materials. With this heritage, and as North America’s largest paper recycler, RockTenn has a long-standing commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainable business practices that guides how we collect, process and recycle materials; produce our products from recycled materials and fiber from sustainably managed forests; and how we safely operate our facilities. We are committed to making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate by conducting business in a safe, environmentally sound, cooperative and charitable manner. We will constantly strive to sustain and improve our business success, eliminating waste and driving costs from our processes through continuous improvement initiatives, while helping our customers design packaging that is sustainable throughout its life cycle.
RockTenn’s commitment to continuous improvement and reducing operating costs will be executed in a manner that will minimize the environmental impact of our operations and products, with the goal of exceeding our customers’ expectations on sustainability.
RockTenn will constantly work to:
• Reduce waste and materials consumption
• Reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
• Reduce water consumption and enhance water re-use
• Reduce the total environmental impact of our paperboard and packaging products
• Create a safe operating environment for our co-workers
• Improve recyclability and compostability of our products
• Procure both wood and recycled fiber responsibly, and promote sustainable forestry practices that are verifiable through independent certifications to sustainable forestry standards.
• Provide recycling and waste solutions to our communities and customers
• Work with our customers to develop innovative packaging solutions that meet cost and performance expectations; optimize materials and energy use; and minimize environmental impact to individuals and communities throughout the package life cycle
RockTenn is committed to periodically reviewing the effectiveness of its sustainability policy and initiatives, and to continually improving against our sustainability goals to create value for our stakeholders.
Chief Executive Officer